Five youths have received burns in a fire that broke out from a gas cylinder explosion in Homna upazila of Cumilla.
The injured -- Md Sajib, 23, Md Jalal Uddin, 22, Md Saiful, 20, Saidul Islam, 35, and Md Shahin, 38.
The fire broke out at the house of one Abdul Latif in Joypur village of the upazila on Sunday evening.
Upazila Fire station in-charge Md Usman Gani confirmed.
He said Latif's wife was trying to light their gas stove in the evening but it did not work. She might have left the gas cylinder open, causing the fire.
The youths sustained burn injuries while trying to tame the blaze, he added.
They were first taken to Upazila Health Complex and then Sajib and Jalal were shifted to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) in critical condition, said Md Aminul Islam, deputy assistant community medical officer of the health complex.