Popular actress Pori Moni has termed the allegations of beating a domestic worker a `conspiracy`.
She said she has all the evidence and will deal with the matter through legal means.
She opened up about the allegations on a Facebook live stream around 1:45am on Friday. In the 21-minute live, Pori Moni clarified her position and also expressed her anger over the role of the media.
Earlier on Thursday, a young woman named Pinky Akhtar who works as a domestic helper at Pori Moni’s house filed a general diary (GD) with Bhatara Police Station in the capital accusing that Pori Moni had beaten her.
In the GD, it was alleged that Pori Moni had beaten her because the child of the actress had fallen, said SI Arifur Islam of the police station.
Bhatara Police Station OC Md Mazharul Islam said that the matter is being investigated.
In the live stream, Pori Moni said, "I have no relatives in my life. My staff are my family. I celebrate special days with them. This girl (Pinky) has only been here for a month, I wouldn`t even call her a housekeeper."
She alleged that she was subjected to a `media trial` by publishing news against her in the media. She said, "Does filing a GD mean that it is true? Are you making me guilty without evidence? My question to the media workers - couldn`t you have waited a little?"
She also said, "I will be punished if I do wrong, but no one should be made guilty before the allegations are proven. Media trials need to be stopped."
It is worth noting that the actress, who has been in the news for various reasons, has signed a contract for a movie called `Golap` on January 31 this year. There, she will be seen in the role of `Rupa`. Besides, she has recently completed the work on the movie `Dodor Golpo`, which is awaiting release. Her web series `Rangila Kitab` has also been released.